Saturday, December 1, 2007

Please allow me to introduce myself

Welcome to the Blog of the Drunken Bastard, I’m your host the D.B. himself this is going to be the area where I let my creative juices flow (eeewwww ) , and hopefully exorcize my inner demons (specifically the one I call Beelzebubba who’s baseball cap , bib overalls , and ever flowing tobacco spit dribbling down his chin has haunted me ever since I was a young bastard.
I guess I’ll start by telling ya a lil’ bit about myself. I was born in a lil’ town in Northwest GA. called Dalton about 40 years ago (Red clay and Lint is our claim to fame.) to a Dutch- Irish mother and a Irish-Dutch father. I’ve lived my whole life here and at best I have a love/hate relationship with home-sweet-home. My first experience with alchy- hol was when I was 15 and I thought I was going to spontaneously combust when on a hot Ga. night steam started coming off my hand (you just don’t notice that kind of shit when you’re sober), and now I consider myself somewhat of an afis…. Afishiu … ah fuck it … an expert on beer drinkin , from the days of diggin’ change out of the sofa so we buy a case of Milwaukee’s Best to payin’ $10 a six pack for Newcastle Brown ( what a long and winding road it’s been ).
Be warned that my language and writing is the way I talk, so if your critiquin’ me on my writing let me save you some trouble … I’m not a writer … I’m just tryin to entertain people with stories of my misspent youth, and adulthood, and early middle age.
And if my use of 4 letter words offends any of ya’ll out there I have one thing to say ….. (What The Fuck Are You Visiting A Blog That Has The Word Bastard In It … You Goob.)
I wouldn't be doing any of this stuff if it wasn’t for my good friend Donnie for twenty some-odd years who has encourage me to put my pen to computer (and then I had to buy a new monitor because I totally misinterpret what he meant) and designed this page for me, and so to you my life long friend"The Donnie Llama" I say thank you.
Also I would like to thank the rest of the Gang , Robert , Lee , Brian , Bobby , and the mysterious Mr. X who’s influences and spare change has turned me into The Drunken Bastard that I am today ( it’s not the same without ya’ll muchachos).
Until the next round
Bastard

No comments: